Delightful Vegan Black Bean Soup
An incredibly delicious vegan black bean soup that will have you wanting more! You're gonna like the way it tastes, I guarantee it.
Write a review
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 40
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 5g
Saturated Fat 1g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 1g
Monounsaturated Fat 2g
Total Carbohydrates 63g
Dietary Fiber 20g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- Heat oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Saute onion, celery, carrots and garlic for 5 minutes. Season with chili powder, cumin, and black pepper; cook for 1 minute. Stir in vegetable broth, 2 cans of beans, and corn. Bring to a boil.
- Meanwhile, in a food processor or blender, process remaining 2 cans beans and tomatoes until smooth. Stir into boiling soup mixture, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Tip: You can substitute kidney beans for the black beans if you prefer
- Tip: This meal feels more complete with some white or yellow rice.
MannyRutinel.com | Educational Blog http://mannyrutinel.com/